Thursday, January 5, 2012

"You... like the Smiths?"



     On a warm, breezy night in the summer of 2009, I went with two of my best friends to our local mall. We sat in an air-conditioned gelato shop in our shorts and flip flops, talked about the upcoming school year, and eventually decided to head next door to the movie theatre to see (500) Days of Summer. Little did I know it would become my new favorite film. From the adorable yet relatable cast of Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, to the characters’ quirky, indie sense of style, to the way the soundtrack perfectly fit each scene, I found, and still find, (500) Days amazingly brilliant. The film draws the viewer’s attention to the beauty in the little things, such as a walk through the historic parts of a downtown area or a loved one’s birth mark. It reminds me to never let go of my sense of wonder, that it’s okay to feel a little heart broken sometimes, and that things will be eventually be okay.




Note: Not to mention this is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment